Title of workshop
Neurodegeneration strategies: Interventions and Implementations
Aims and Scope
The aim of the 2 day neuroscience workshop is to introduce to the young investigators the fundamental concepts of neuroregeneration and its underlying mechanisms and also to make them aware that impaired neuroplasticity is the basis of many neurological and developmental disorders. The school will provide a holistic view on the morphological, behavioral and imaging techniques that can be used to understand the cellular and molecular mechanisms of neural plasticity in normal and injured brain. Problem-based learning approach will be used to invoke excitement and encouragement among the youngsters. The school will consist of lectures, discussions among participants, practical demonstrations and presentations by participants. Plenary lectures will be conducted by internationally recognized faculties from across the globe.
- Number of Participants: 20 participants. Masters, Ph.D. and junior post-doc students (up to 2 years). Preference will be given to students who have experience in laboratory work and publications.
- Registration Fee: INR 2000
- Deadline for registration: 30th September 2019
- Costs covered: Participation for 2 days workshop and hands on experience. Travel and living expenses (housing and meals), Visa and other immigration arrangements are the responsibility of the participant.
- Only 20 participants will be selected and intimated for the pre-conference workshop based on their profile.
- The student has to send his CV on this email ID - firstname.lastname@example.org. with the subject Application for the pre-conference workshop.
- Selected participants will be provided 25 % waive off on registration for ICNDT-2019 and will be provided an opportunity to present oral/poster in ICNDT-2019.
- The student should also mention in the email if (s)he is interested to attend the ICNDT-2019 conference.
Topics and description
Cerebral Ischemia and Stem Cell therapeutics
Pathogenesis, drug targets and animal models
MCAo model, global ischemia model, cardiac arrest model, cannulation, intubation and ventilation, mean arterial blood pressure measurement, blood gas analysis, laser blood Doppler recording, intra-arterial delivery of stem cells, neuroscoring, grip strength, rota rod, cryosectioning and staining, mitochondrial respiration, small animal imaging, FACS and confocal microscopy.
Pathogenesis, Drug Targets and Animal Models
Behavioural studies for motor and memory impairment using Pan Lab tracking software. Cerebrospinal fluid isolation from rat and mice. Transcardial perfusion of mice, isolation of different brain parts like striatum, hippocampus and frontal cortex, Intragastric administration of drugs, Sectioning of Brain on Cryostat, Nissl staining, Immunohistochemical staining of TH positive dopaminergic neurons and immunohistochemical analysis in striatum and substantia nigra pars compacta.
Neuroprotection and neurorehabilitation using computational approaches
Topics that will be covered include modelling of neurons, neural systems and behaviour, the analysis of neural data and development of theories to explain experimental observations.
Ethics in science
Special sessions will be conducted to familiarize the participants with regards to ethics in conducting experiments and publication.
Gel electrophoresis, western blot and RT-PCR demonstration. Protocol designing for in-vivo studies and application of nanotechnology.
The Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology at NIPER Ahmedabad has a strong stand in neuroscience and behavioural pharmacology. NIPER-A wishes to train students in the field of neuroscience by theoretical lectures given by experts in the neuroscience and by practical demonstrations on different neuropharmacological techniques. The IBRO Associate School will provide interactive lecture sessions as well as hands on training. Faculty will be recognized researchers from India and abroad.